OSIA provides Members and their families with unique opportunities and benefits. The Joe DiMaggio Lodge offers individuals, who are at least 18 years of age, two (2) ways of joining.
- Regular Membership*: A person of Italian descent, the spouse or the adopted child of a person of Italian descent, or the widow or widower or divorced spouse of a current or former member.
- Social Membership*: A person not of Italian descent. Although unable to hold office, a social member enjoys all other privileges and benefits of membership, including the right to vote in all matters.
Our local chapter now has a, Password Protected, Member's Only, area on our website. This acts as a key into our community's private section of member information. It also enables members to receive community emails and news. This online benefit requires the member applicant to provide an email address.
General Membership Meetings are held, on the 1st Tuesday of each month, at 7:30pm
Each applicant requires sponsorship from a current member. If you do not know a current member, please send an email to the Membership Committee via the "Contact Us" page to inform us of such. Once your application has been received, you will be contacted by the Membership Committee and scheduled for an interview.
To apply for membership in our local chapter, the Joe DiMaggio Lodge #2248, please follow these instructions:
1. Print out the NYS Grand Lodge Application Form (use link at bottom of page)
2. Fill out all pertinent information & supply an email address
3. Mail form and payment to: Membership Chair, PO Box 269, Hopewell Jct, NY 12533
or return it to your sponsor.
4. DO NOT MAIL TO NYS STATE GRAND LODGE IN BELLMORE NY
Application Fee & Annual Dues
A one time Application Fee of $10.00 is due upon submission of your application.
Annual Dues (October-September) are currently $59.00 ($25.00 local dues plus $34 per capita tax which is levied by the NYS Grand Lodge and subject to periodic increase)
Once your application has been accepted, by the general membership, you will be contacted by a committee member, and informed as to when you should attend an Initiation Ceremony. Initiation Ceremonies are held four (4) times a year, during a General Membership Meeting,.in the months of, January, April, July & October.